It’s common knowledge that air conditioners keep your home cool, but it’s less well-known that they also affect your indoor air quality.
Air conditioners come with built-in purification systems that filter out dust, dirt, pollen, and other irritants before they enter your house. Because they do so much to keep the air in your home breathable, today’s blog is all about the ways a functional, well-maintained air conditioner improves your home and health.
Purifying Your Home
An air-filtering HVAC system can have several effects on your home. Those effects tend to be negative if your system is old or dirty, but a well-maintained system comes with several benefits, including:
- Fewer dust bunnies. Ask your HVAC specialist to assist you with installing an air conditioner with air purification systems that can help you tackle dust, pollen, and pet dander like a pro.
- Less smoke. Whether you live with a smoker or burn things when you cook, keeping the air clear of smoke is a must. By installing extra units in your home, you can keep the smoke particles from invading your space. It also helps clear out the odors that come with smoke.
- Fewer germs. By keeping out dust and clearing smoke, air-purifying AC systems fight off airborne germs and reduce your risk of getting sick.
Keeping You Healthy
Before we go on, it’s important to note that while a good HVAC system can improve air quality, it doesn’t provide the same level of purification as a dedicated air purifier. For people with severe allergies, asthma, or other health issues, we recommend asking an HVAC professional about air purifiers.
With all that said, air-purifying AC systems do come with several health benefits that might surprise you.
- Respiratory symptom relief: A good air conditioner helps combat respiratory issues like chest-colds and allergies. It’s not a substitute for medication or an air purifier, but it can give your lungs a well-deserved break so you can breathe freely.
- Higher-quality sleep: We all know it’s easier to sleep through the night when you’re not coughing and sneezing. With a good HVAC system, you’ll have the air quality you need to wake up feeling refreshed.
- Better mental health: When you can breathe easy and get a good night’s sleep, your mental health tends to improve. Decreased allergy symptoms and eight hours of sleep can improve your cognitive function, focus, and productivity.
Breathe a sigh of relief with Beehive Heating and Air!
Contact us today to get a free quote!